Thứ Sáu, 20 tháng 8, 2010

Two favorite books and a few details about my bedroom


Hello Everyone,
I hope you are all having a great week.

I wanted to post a few details about my bedroom with you.
I first wanted to share two books with you that really inspired my bedroom makeover.
The first book French Home, is one of my favorite books.
I never tire of looking at the photos in this book.
This book has really inspired me to add a bit of a rustic french style to my home.


The second book is Recycled Home.
This book inspired me to use some architectural salvage for my headboard.
Recycled Home really is a great book because it gives you so many ideas on ways to repurpose so many different things.
Both of these books left me inspired to try and create a space that had an authentic french farmhouse feel.
I wanted it to feel rustic, but yet romantic.


A few details about my bedroom.


My mom made the lamp shade.  
She made it from an antique monogrammed towel.
I love how it looks on the alabaster lamp.


The grain sack pillows and the runner were also made by my mother.  My mom really does a great job sewing.
You will see similar items in my shop, that will be opening in the near future....

The bedskirt is from Anthropologie.
The french linen sheet that is covering my comforter was a birthday gift from my mother.
I actually used to use it to cover a chair that I recently got reupholstered.


My husband plans to build a frame around the base of our bed out of salvaged wood.
We just haven't found the right wood yet.



The door on the left unfortunately doesn't even look like the same door that I found.
I kind of did a number on it, and I do not mean in a good way.
It had a lot nicer patina, until I decided to scrape a lot of the white paint off.
I was trying to go for a raw wood look and decided I didn't want thick peeling paint over my head. I can't tell you how mad I was at myself for scraping all of that paint off.
I do wish I would have left it alone.


I am so glad I left the green door alone.


I am lucky that I have a husband who will play musical chandeliers for me!
I know that sounds terrible, but you would be surprised how many times the chandeliers in the house get moved from one room to the next.
I will someday show you what I did with the mantle that was in here as well as the chandelier.

We finally finished that tin ceiling.
The 100 year old tin was smoke damaged and needed to be painted.
I painted the tin in a Kelly Moore Paint called Country Cotton, in an eggshell finish. 


My sheered curtains are hanging from birch limbs.
My Aunt Mickey inspired me to use limbs as curtain rods back in the 90s.
She is from Portland, Oregon and has a new blog, called Vintage Station.
I am hoping I can make it up her way to photograph her store and home to share with all of you. She is a very talented...


I have had this armoire for a number of years...
It is one of my favorite pieces.
I like how simple it is..
I also like how it looks mixed with the rustic doors.


I do not have anything hung on the walls in my bedroom.
I wanted the room to have a light and airy feel to it.

I love the way the light filters through the lavender bottles.



This stool used to be out in my living room.
When I redid the bedroom I needed something a little more formal to mix with the rustic doors so this stool helped do the trick.


I originally bought this old window with the intentions of putting mirrors in the place of the windows. It ended up being too costly.
I think I like it better left just how it is.
simple...


I love using our everyday boots as props around the house.
Sorry I had you have to see the same pictures again!


Now to answer a few of your questions.
Do you live in a new house or an old farmhouse?
I live in a newer modular home.  We do not own the home we live in, our boss so generously let us pick out this home to live in.... I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

What color are your walls?
My walls are a Ralph Lauren color called Country Dairy, and I used an eggshell finish.
Even though Home Depot doesn't sell Ralph Lauren paints anymore they will look up the formula for you and they will make it in the Glidden paint. You can also find dealers for Ralph Lauren Paints by going to The Ralph Lauren Website.


What color of paint did I use on the trim and doors?

I used a Benjamin Moore paint, called Decorator's White.
I used a semi-gloss finish.

Did I distress the doors?

I didn't distress the green door, but I did mistakenly scrape a lot of paint off of the door on the left.

Are the doors attached to the wall?

No, the doors are not attached to the wall, they are just leaning against the wall.

Where can we find your post about your bedroom with the before pictures?

Thank you!

Thank you so much to everyone who stopped in and left me a comment about my bedroom.
I can't tell you how much I appreciated it.
I was so nervous to share my bedroom pictures with all of you,
I wasn't sure if any of you would like it.
Thank you for taking the time to stop in and say hi!

A guest post!



I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Take Care,
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét