Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 2, 2011

Questions and Answers About My home and shop





Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all having a great week.

I have been getting a lot of questions about my home and shop this month, so I thought it would be a good idea to do a question and answers post today.


What color did you paint your living room and bedroom?
I painted our living room and bedroom a warm white called country dairy,
Home Depot still has the Ralph Lauren colors in their system.
I used the eggshell finish.


How did you secure the doors in your bedroom to the wall?
We actually didn't secure the doors to the wall.
We just leaned them up against the wall.
The doors are secured in place with our bed.


What color did you paint your living room?
I painted this room a warm gray, called pearl gray.
It is a Martha Stewart color from Lowe's.


How do you keep your whites white?
I really only use Mrs. Meyers detergent, along with oxiclean.
I also use vintage french linen sheets to cover my couches....


What color did you paint your daughters' beds?
I used two different shades of whites when painting their beds.
I first painted a layer of Decorator's White on their beds, and then lightly brushed on a coat 
of White Dove.  Both colors are Benjamin Moore colors.
I like to use two different shades of whites when painting my furniture....






What color did you paint your girls room?
I painted my girls' room a Martha Stewart's color called Newsprint.
Newsprint.
I still love this color in their room.
It is a really light gray color, and really helps make the whites pop.



How did you make the pompoms?
I purchased a pompom kit at Michael's.
We used these to decorate the inside of a tent at my sister's wedding too.
You can read a tutorial on how to make these by clicking here.....




What is your favorite white paint to use on furniture?
My favorite cool white is, Decorator's White, a Benjamin Moore color.
This is the color of paint I used on my table.
My favorite warm white, is White Dove, a Benjamin Moore color.
My favorite gray to use on furniture is, Horizon.
I never distress the paint finish on my furniture......I have five kids, the furniture always becomes naturally distressed over time : )
I always use semi-gloss paint as well.... It is much easier to wipe clean, and I personally like a nice glossy white finish on my furniture that I have painted.








Do you use only lavender to fill your lavender pillows or do you also use a filler?









We use only dried organic lavender buds to fill our pillows.






Will you be selling bistro chairs?



I will be adding bistro chairs to the shop soon....

I hope this helps answer a few of your questions...


Take Care,
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét