Thứ Sáu, 24 tháng 12, 2010

A Simple Christmas Tree~


Hello Everyone!
I wanted to share a few pictures of our Christmas tree with you....before Christmas is over...
I haven't had a lot of time to decorate for Christmas this year...
So be warned there isn't a lot to see.....
WE decorated our tree last weekend,  I was going to add a few more of our ornaments to the tree and then decided to leave it a little more simple this year....
I strung twine with little pompoms around the tree... I bought a couple spools of this twine at Anthropologie...
My kids loved adding the candy canes to the tree...
We put the left over candy canes in a sap bucket and left them in the window...


The house we live in has 9ft tall ceilings... which I LOVE...
However a normal size tree looks kind of funny in here....
This year we bought a shorter tree....
 To add a little height to the tree I put it in a metal basket on a farm table (that was cut down into a coffee table) behind the couch.  
I love this basket...
I was told that these antique french baskets were used in France to hold wine jugs...
They would stuff them with straw to protect the wine jugs....



Inside the basket is a bucket to hold the water for the tree....
I covered the bucket up with an antique sheet....
I actually had a grain sack around it at first...
I ended up liking the pretty sheet against the rustic metal basket better then the grain sack.


I put a couple of french canning jars on the table.
The jars helped bring the same blue color from the ornaments into the middle of the room..
At least I think they helped : ) 




The blue mirror is against the wall on the other side of the room...
I like how it reflects the image of the tree and the blue ornaments.


On another note....
My daughters made sugar cookies the other day.
I wanted to share a picture of the cookies they made with you.
I think they did a great job.
The elves are my favorite.
We have used Martha Stewart's Sugar Cookie recipe for years...
It is our favorite sugar cookie recipe...


On a final note....
I didn't want you to miss out.....





I hope you get a chance to visit Melanie's beautiful blog, Pretties and Posies....
These are just a few of the images you will see while visiting her blog.
 You can see Melanie's how to post for this pear arrangement by clicking here~


I love the arrangements she made with branches....


You will find lots of inspiration over at


I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas!!

Take Care,
Maria


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét