Thứ Bảy, 24 tháng 12, 2011

Last Minute Gift Ideas and a Favorite Hot Apple Cider Recipe


Hello!
I am sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday....
I am a little short on time, so I will have to post about the one room in the house I decorated after Christmas.....

I thought I would do a quick post, and share some last minute gift ideas with you....
These were our favorite gifts to make and give out this year....


1. An antique european grain sack wine and or beverage bag along with a bottle of wine and or sparkling cider.....


2, Homemade marshmallows and hot cocoa mix....

(an image of cookies the kids and I made last year)

3. Sugar Cookies...
We used our favorite recipe,
for the frosting we used a Penzey Spice Recipe....




I also wanted to share a family favorite hot apple cider recipe with you....
We make this every year during the holidays....
Not only does it taste good, it will also make your entire house smell good : )

Hot Apple Cider
6 cups apple cider 
(our favorite is the 365 Organic Apple Juice)
6 cups of pear juice
a pinch of ginger
3 whole cinnamon sticks
1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
10 cloves
1 TBLSP of fennel seeds
Bring all the above ingredients to a boil and let simmer for 25 minutes....
Then enjoy!

Before I go I want to remind you that Jeanne Oliver's camera bag giveaway is still open on my blog....
If you would like to enter you can do so by clicking here.....
Thank you Jeanne!



I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas!
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and read my blog.
Merry Christmas to you and your families!
Take Care,
Maria


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét