Chủ Nhật, 27 tháng 3, 2011

Lilacs and a French Fireman's Bucket


Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all having a great Monday!
I wanted to share a few pictures with you that I took of some lilacs I purchased from Whole Foods and my french fireman's bucket.
Most of you already know I grew up in Montana....
 Lilacs grow like weeds in Montana.
When I was a kid I didn't really care for lilac bushes all that much....
I thought they just looked like a plain green bush... 
Well now I think differently about lilac bushes...
I do however wish they would bloom all summer long, but I guess that is why they are so special when they do bloom.
I decided to make use of this bucket to hold the flowers.


I found this french antique fireman's bucket at the flea market for my shop.
I couldn't pass it up, as it is red...
Red is one of my favorite accent colors to use in my home.


This bucket has a handle at the bottom of the bucket, that made it easier for the fireman to throw water on the fire....
Since it has a handle at the bottom of the bucket you can't use it to hold flowers sitting on a table.

However it can be used as a vase if you hang it from something....

I chose to hang it from my orchard ladder and fill it full of lilacs.













I can't wait for my lilacs to bloom.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by.
I hope you all enjoy your week!

Take Care,
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét