Thứ Tư, 20 tháng 4, 2011

A Favorite Pankcakes and Waffles Cookbook....Fete Et Fleur..... and House of Fifty


Hello Everyone!
I hope you are all having a great week.
I wanted to share the name of one of my favorite pancakes and waffles cookbooks with you...
 I thought this inexpensive cookbook would make a great Mother's Day gift...
Kate Haberson

I can't tell you how much I love this cookbook....
It has the best belgian waffle recipe as well as pancake recipes...
Kate Haberson

My brother and sister were here for the weekend...
So I decided to make the Quick Vanilla Waffles recipe from the book....



I think my husband and brother were a little annoyed when I pulled out the camera to snap a few pictures....
So I had to be quick....
They were ready to eat.....
I actually didn't even finish setting the table before snapping a few pictures....


I kept the table setting very simple....I know it actually looks quite bare.... try to imagine ball canning jars for glasses and silverware around the table : )


I threw on two red striped grain sacks on the ends of the table.
I used an antique  hemp linen towel for the middle of the table....


We made a strawberry and blueberry salad.... 
Slice up a couple of cups of strawberries...
throw in some blueberries....
add about a half of a cup of sugar.... 
And mix...

I used four french canning jars... 
and then used a clear canning jar to put the lilacs in.....


We made homemade whipping cream to go along with the waffles.
Just beat heavy whipping cream on high....
add vanilla and sugar for extra flavor...
My favorite brand of vanilla to use is 
My brother wasn't impressed with my homemade whipping cream : )
I don't think it was sweet enough for him....
I have another brother who likes to eat his waffles with ice cream.


I put the strawberry salad and the whipping cream in ironstone bowls on opposite ends of the table.


I used a variety of ironstone plates that I have found at tag sales over the years.

Next time I will try and finish setting the table before taking pictures....


I had to share a few pictures of my youngest brother Carter who was here visiting this weekend.
He is the baby of the family (Carter is number 10)
I made him pose for a couple of pictures before he left....


Carter is currently going to school at Thomas Aquinas College.
I have been lucky to be able to see him a couple of different times this year...


On another note....
I wanted to share a few pictures that Nancy (Fete et Fleur) sent me.



Nancy sent me these pictures she had taken yesterday of the items she won....





I love the way Nancy styled and photographed everything....
Thank you Nancy for letting me share your  photographs on my blog....
Nancy has a beautiful home and beautiful blog.

On a final note....



I wanted to share a link to a very inspiring e-zine that Janell, author of the blog Isabella & Max has created....
It will be live April 25th...
Thank you Janell for asking me to be a contributor for your first issue.

I hope you get a chance to subscribe to 
{ and it is free : ) }

I hope you all enjoy your Easter Sunday.
I will be back sometime next week...
Take Care,
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét