Chủ Nhật, 17 tháng 1, 2010

Stepping out into blog land!

Thank you Lori, ( http://frugalfarmhousedesign.blogspot.com/), for introducing me to the blogging world. I am ever so grateful. You are a true inspiration and the nicest person! You are the reason for starting this blog. Thank you!


I am a mother of five children and am married to a REAL cowboy. We live on a horse ranch.  We live in a new home, and we feel blessed to be able to live in the home we live in. (My husband has a very generous boss, and his boss let us go pick out a new beautiful modular home to live in ) I feel like the luckiest girl in the world... I love to decorate and love trying to be creative. I believe decorating with white is so refreshing, and yes with all those kids it still stays white. (with a little help from oxi clean of course) Here are a few pictures of my living room.
My husband added the 100 year old ceiling tin to the ceiling. My sister found that in New Hampshire for me. I got a great deal on it. My husband also added the trim to the windows and doors.




I love old doors. They make the best props. What I love most about them is they are very easy to move, and can be used to change the look of another room (and no holes in the wall).



The Mantle, well I love these. I think they make a great statement regardless of if you have a fireplace or not. Always a great conversation piece as well. My husband's friends don't understand why I would have a mantle up, without the fireplace.


The walls I painted gray pearl in a satin finish (Martha Stewart Paint from Lowes). I think that white furnishings stand out more with the gray walls. I had first painted this room a cream color, and it seemed like everything blended together too much. I then Painted it gray, that made a big difference. The trim is all Decorator's White (Benjamin Moore, semi-gloss). The mantle had a lot of flaking paint (not pretty) so I knocked a lot of that off, and then painted over it with wedding veil (Benjamin Moore, pearl finish)


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét