Thứ Hai, 31 tháng 10, 2011

Paperwhites, Ironstone, Cafe Au Lait Bowls, and Pebbles....



Hello!

Paperwhites are one of the easiest bulbs to grow in the home....
If I can do it anyone can....
If you want to be able to enjoy these during the Christmas season, now is
the time to start planting these...
The kids and I planted some this weekend.
So I thought I would share a few pictures with you....


What you will need....
A few dishes....
I chose a variety of ironstone dishes from my collection.....
The last time I planted these (which was a few years ago)
I got a little crazy and filled every dish imaginable...
I tried to keep myself under control this time....


You will need to fill your dish half way full of pebbles.
I bought a bag of really cheap river pebbles at Lowe's.
Paperwhite bulbs contain all they need to grow, so you don't actually need soil....
However you can still plant them in soil if you wish....
I like to use pebbles.


Set your bulbs on top of the bed of pebbles with the roots facing down....


You can cram the bulbs together....
No need for spacing...


Add water...


Fill your dish with water just to the base of the bulb....


You don't want the bulb to be fully immersed into the water....
They will rot...


Set in a warm room....


In about five to six weeks you should see blooms...


If you want you can plant one bowl a week for the next couple of weeks so that you 
have a continuous supply of blooms during the holidays....


Be sure and check your water levels....


I am sorry I only have pictures of the bulbs....
Hopefully I can get some actual pictures of blooms during the holidays...
You can read more about paperwhites here....


On another note....
I wanted to share a couple of blogs with you that I think you will enjoy....

{Lara's photography and styling is beautiful}

{Cheryl is a California girl that is blessed with so many talents)

I hope you get a chance to visit these two girls...

Enjoy your Monday!
Take Care,
Maria




Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét