Thứ Năm, 4 tháng 2, 2010

A Bedroom Makeover





I thought I would share some pictures of my daughters' room with all of you. Last weekend I decided to repaint their room a light gray and the beds white. I had previously painted the walls blue, and the beds were yellow. It was a horrible combination. I am not very good at picking out COLOR for my walls. Its not that I don't like color, it is just that I can't ever get it right. 




I wish I would have taken before pictures, but maybe there is a reason for that.



We had made some pompoms to hang up in the house for Valentine's Day (Martha Stewart Crafts at Michaels) We decided to use them in their room as I thought it made their room feel very festive, and then some. I know not practical pillows, but I thought it was fun to do for the pictures.


My daughter cut some of our camellias that were blooming.
I just love this color of pink.

I found these two beds a couple of years ago for $100.00 for the pair. I just put a fresh coat of white paint on them.



These shutters get moved all over the house. I needed a burst of color in their room, so for right now this is the ticket. It has their 2010 calendar hanging on it. (You might get tired of seeing these shutters in photos, but I just love them, so be warned)


I love displaying my flowers in these glass bottles. You can find these at any thrift store. They make the best flower vases, and look so pretty in the light. They are sitting atop my daughter's desk.





I love vintage mirrors, adds a little light to this side of the room.



This cabinet is made from old shutters. It houses their collection of breyer horses.



This is an old galvanized flower bucket, holding our Valentine's Day decor.



This is a chandelier that I found on ebay. Not sure of its age or origin. Just know that it is unique and looks pretty in their room. I have chandelier a.d.d. This is its third time being moved. Just when I think I have found the perfect room, and its been hung by the cowboy of the house, I then realize its not the perfect room. Of course I don't tell him, until the timing is right.







My daughter loves playing the guitar, we both love having it out on display.






I painted the room Newsprint from Lowes and the beds were painted Decorators White from Benjamin Moore. When I paint my furniture I always use a semi-gloss, I think it makes the surface a lot easier to wipe off.





I hope I didn't bore you with too many pictures (or pompoms). I really like taking photos, so I can get a little carried away sometimes.
I hope you all have a great weekend! You guys are the BEST!
Maria

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét